If you have not yet registered for the retreat, please note that registration is required to ensure a spot. While pre-registration is now closed, a number of spaces are available for drop-in registration. If you are interested in drop-in registration, please click here for necessary information.
If you have already completed online registration a confirmation has been sent to the email address you entered, listing the location and important information about what to bring, parking, etc. If you completed online registration and did not receive this letter, it may have been eaten by your spam filter or there may have been some other technical difficulty. Please see below for a copy of the information in that letter.
Coming Home: A Day of Mindfulness
with Meditation Teachers Anh-Huong and Thu Nguyen
Saturday, November 10th, 2012 8:45am-4:30pm**
Bodek Lounge, Houston Hall, 3417 Spruce Street, Philadelphia, PA 19104
Arrival time: Please arrange to arrive at 8:45am to sign in and pick up materials.
**Please note this is a daylong retreat; if you are not able to participate for the full time –8:45am- 4:30pm–please call us before Saturday to discuss. Thank you!
- your own vegetarian lunch (we will enjoy the practice of mindful eating together, and there will be no break to go buy lunch.)
- a cushion or meditation seat if you use one.
- a comfortable blanket or mat for Deep Relaxation (the Bodek Lounge has a hardwood floor; please bring enough padding for your comfort. You may also like to bring a blanket to cover you when you rest.)
- clothing appropriate for walking outside.
- for convenience, you may like to bring your own water; there is also a water fountain nearby.
Location: The Bodek Lounge is located in Houston Hall, on the campus of the University of Pennsylvania, at 3417 Spruce Street, Philadelphia, PA 19104. Bodek Lounge is on the far West side of Houston Hall’s first floor. Map It
Transportation & Parking:
- By bus: the 40 bus stops at 34th and Spruce, less than one block from Huston Hall. The 42 and 21 busses both stop at 34th and Walnut, about three blocks away.
- By Train: from 30th Street Station, the 11, 13, 34 and 36 trolleys all stop at 37th and Spruce, about 3 blocks’ walk from Huston Hall. For rail, trolley & bus schedules:http://www.septa.org/
- Parking: the UPenn Parking Garage #7 at South Street & Convention Avenue is roughly three blocks away and $10 for all-day parking. A little over half a mile from Houston Hall is the Science Center Parking Garage at 37th & Market, which is $8 for the day.
Dana/Donations: Thank you for the great gift of your presence and practice. For monetary offerings in support of the retreat, please bring any donations with you on the day. Checks may be made payable to MPCF (Mindfulness Practice Center of Fairfax).
Please call Sara at 215.852.4375 or Steve at 215.852.4373. (We can’t be certain to receive emails sent after 12pm on Thursday.)